Stash with Crowd SSO

a b May 2, 2012

I have Stash using Crowd for authentication, but can't find any documentation describing how to set Stash to work with SSO like other Atlassian products.

Have I missed something?

4 answers

3 votes
Tarfa Hachem May 8, 2012

It's bewildering to me that Atlassian can put out a new product that can authenticate against Crowd but that does not support SSO. It seems half baked right out of the gate.

seb
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 8, 2012

Tarfa - we opted to release early, release often. Rather than spend years building a product with all the bells and whistles, we wanted to get Stash into the hands of customers as fast as possible.

This lets us iterate more quickly and adapt to our customer needs better! All around, a much bigger net gain!

Tarfa Hachem May 9, 2012

I'll buy that, it's a totally valid approach. So the issue becomes one of communication. The mismatch between what the marketing copy leads one to expect vs. the actual state of the product. I understand the need for soaring superlatives for marketing purposes - to give the golden vision for what the product is supposed to do in an ideal world - but given that your main customers are developers and development teams, it would be great if you had an area that talks to us directly and frankly about what your products can and cannot do and what their short to mid-term roadmap is. "Fellow engineers, here is our analysis of the pros and cons of our products, what they can do successfully, and what they cannot do." The process for me has been a lot of discovery on my own, hours spent googling and searching through your documentation, forums, and publicly-viewable JIRA issues. A frustrating and time-consuming process. Would be much better if you guys told us what you think yourselves are the limitations and flaws in your products, as well as strengths.

Tarfa Hachem May 10, 2012

Having said all of the above, however, I do want to mention how much I love the Atlassian products so far. They are new to me, I'm a little unfamiliar with them, but I'm getting the hang of them and know that overall they are going to be a huge net improvement in my life as a developer and team leader. So, good work guys :-)

2 votes
Daniel R
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 18, 2013
1 vote
Colin Goudie
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 8, 2012

It's a very early stage, greenfield product. So I would expect it is missing quite a few features but it will show rapid evolution over time. Isn't that what agile development is supposed to be about? ;)

a b May 8, 2012

Thanks for the answers. I look forward to seeing the updates.

It would also help if Crowd was updated to support JDK 1.7 like Jira and Stash.....that'll help the installation procedure.

JustinK
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 9, 2012

We have a Crowd build at the moment that supports 1.7, we will look at making this official for the next major Crowd release 2.5, which is slated to come out in the next 4-6 weeks.

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CWD-2740

Tarfa Hachem May 9, 2012

Good to know. Thanks for the update.

0 votes
seb
Atlassian Team
May 3, 2012

Stash does not currently support SSO with Crowd. I have created an issue which I would recommend that you vote for/comment on to voice your support.

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/STASH-2493

Thanks

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events