Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I upgrade Crowd server latest version?

Teja September 5, 2022

Hi Team,

After going through the crowd upgrade notes, I got confused in my mind about that should I upgrade the crowd's latest version i.e., 5 from version 3.6.0 or should I upgrade to crowd 4.2.

Crowd 4.2 upgrade note says that Starting from Crowd 4.2 all passwords for external systems stored in Crowd are encrypted by default. currently, in 3.6.0, we don't have keys folder.

Any advice?

Thanks
T

2 answers

2 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
Craig Castle-Mead
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 6, 2022

Hi @Teja 

I would definitely recommend updating from 3.6.0 - there have been many bug/security/performance and functional improvements since that release (Dec 2019).

If you have anything relying on the Crowd REST API to update usernames, one of the changes (IIRC, 4.4..0) blocked this behavior by default - you have to add the parameter below to your applications options

-Dcrowd.email.change.by.external.apps=true 

CCM

Teja September 6, 2022

@Craig Castle-Mead 

Thank you, Noted!

2 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 6, 2022

Your upgrade to the latest version will be fine.

The note you have found is purely informational, it's just telling you that Atlassian have encrypted some passwords in the new version.  The upgrade will handle this for you, there's no need to do anything.

Teja September 6, 2022

@Nic Brough -Adaptavist- 

As always thank you Nic ;)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events