Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Populating OpenLDAP from Crowd

Eugene Tan March 26, 2019

Hello all,

I was wondering If I could get some advice/help. I tried to search "crowd" and "ldap" but nothing came up in the community knowledgebase

I use Crowd as a base for Authentication. Which is great for apps and services that support Crowd directly.

But I have other services and application that only uses LDAP.

Alot of my searches have Crowd populated FROM LDAP.

However in my case like the title says, I want to use Crowd as the primary source of User and Groups and populate an OpenLDAP server for my services and applications that require LDAP based auth.

I do not have the technical skillset unfortunately to write a custom Crowd connector for each of my apps. So my thinking is to go the above-mentioned route.

Cheers,

/et

1 answer

0 votes
Bruno Vincent
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 27, 2019

Hi @Eugene Tan 

This question has previously been answered on this link.

In short, here is what you will need to do:

1. Export your users and groups from Crowd to CSV files (please follow Atlassian's documentation for this)
  2. Create an LDAP Directory Connector in Crowd that points to your OpenLDAP server (again, please follow Atlassian's documentation)
  3. Import the CSV files that you created in step 1 into the OpenLDAP Directory using Crowd's CSV import tool.

The problem is that depending on the password hash/encryption algorithm used by your current Crowd internal directory you might not be able to import your current users' passwords. For instance, "atlassian-security" is not supported in OpenLDAP. In that case you will need to reset your users' passwords.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events