Password keeps expiring after 24 hours

Gabriel Stone April 12, 2017

We are using a Crowd directory for authentication and authorization for internal services like Bamboo and Artifactory. One user keeps having to contact our department to get back into Jira/Crowd every 24 hours. When he does, I find that is maxPassword attempts are 10 (even though he only tries two or three times) and his resetPassword is always set to true. He is not using any password managers and he is in the right groups for login to Jira and Crowd. The internal Crowd directory allows for all users to authenticate. There is nothing that looks weird about his account in Crowd. Logs on the server only show failed password attempts and don't really point to an underlying cause. I'd rather not have to recreate his account. Password expiry is set to 60 days. No one else is having a problem except for this user. It doesn't matter if he is in the home or office. I am stumped :(

1 answer

0 votes
Karalee Kikiros
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 25, 2017

Disable and re-enable him? 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events