Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to upgrade Crowd and other Atlassian apps

Travis Roberts November 16, 2022

It appears that we're running an unsupported version of Crowd and likely other versions of Atlassian. Our Jira/Crowd and a Confluence are running on Linux. We have our KB running on a Windows version of Confluence. Being new to these products, I need fairly detailed assistance with their upgrades, beginning with Crowd.
Here are the versions and SEN's that I was able to obtain:

NameVersionSENAtlassian ProductsPrimary Use
Confluence7.13.7 Build 8703 (Windows 2012R2)SEN-8700883kb.domain.org/Process docs and board portal
JiraSoftware 8.20.10  Build 820010 (Linux 5.4.0-109-generic)SEN-9825639 my.domain.org/jiraTask tracking and project mgmt for DS & support for Salesforce and admin calendar
JiraCore 8.20.10SEN-9825639my.domain.org/jira 
MyConfluence7.13.0 Build 8703SEN-8700883my.domain.org/confluenceResources and docs for DS clients
Crowd3.5.0 Build 1120 (Linux5.4.0-109-generic)SEN-9825638my.domain.org/crowdDS client user accounts for My and Jira

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Robert Wen_ReleaseTEAM_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 16, 2022

Hi @Travis Roberts ! Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Here is the guide to upgrading Crowd

https://confluence.atlassian.com/crowd/upgrading-crowd-22544441.html

Jira and Confluence don't look too out of date, but here are the upgrade guides for those.

Jira - https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver/upgrading-jira-applications-938846936.html

Confluence - https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/upgrading-confluence-4578.html

Your bigger worry is that Crowd, Jira, and Confluence will be EOL'd in Feb, 2024 so you may want to think about Data Center or Cloud

Good luck!

Travis Roberts November 16, 2022

Thank you for the response, Robert.
The Crowd update is a priority because of an alert that I received about our version. This will need to happen asap.

The upgrade to cloud/datacenter discussion happened before my time with the organization and the final outcome of that discussion was not divulged by the previous staff. Unfortunately, I am new to these products and am trying to learn as I go. Having to architect a new solution while also addressing this mandatory upgrade is a bit much. 

Not being a Linux guru is also not helping my position. Do you know if there needs to be an OS upgrade or any other dependencies that I should take into consideration before attempting this?

Thanks!

Robert Wen_ReleaseTEAM_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 17, 2022

The upgrade guides I've sent before are good guides as far as dependencies go for:

Operating system changes in support

JRE/JDK support

database support

Have a look at those when planning your upgrade.

Good luck!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events