Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Microsoft AD Directory Sync Fails in Crowd

rob_webb_dell_com September 1, 2022

Setting up an additional MS Active Directory Connection to our Crowd Configuration. The new Directory passes the connector test.( I did save and test first) but following this successful test the syncronization fails with the following:

Test failed

No results were found from your search. org.springframework.ldap.UncategorizedLdapException: Uncategorized exception occured during LDAP processing; nested exception is javax.naming.NamingException: [LDAP: error code 1 - 000004DC: LdapErr: DSID-0C090A71, comment: In order to perform this operation a successful bind must be completed on the connection., data 0, v3839]; remaining name 'DC=blahblah, DC=doubleblah, DC=com'

2 answers

2 votes
Dave Theodore [Coyote Creek Consulting]
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 2, 2022

LDAP Error Code 1 is related to the bind.  I've had the best success using an LDAP browser to troubleshoot things like this.  You can see what the LDAP objects are that Crowd is seeing this way. Make sure your BaseDN and any filters are pointing to the correct objects in LDAP to start with.

0 votes
Rosslaas October 3, 2022

A commitment of appreciation is all together for sharing, I found a tremendous store of stimulating information here. A striking post, incredibly grateful and obliging that you will make on a very major level more posts like this one. OfficeFootballPool

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events