License Problem with crowd server

Thomas Weber August 20, 2012

Hi my problem is, that we have a lto of User in our AD. But only an small Group of them have to work with Jira. for an ergonimic Usage of the JiraSysten we have connected uor JraSystem with a Crowd server wich conncets our Active Directory. MyProblem is that the crowd server counts all ursers in our AD for the Server-Licensing and not the Selected GRoup.

Is it possible to License only this small Group of users and how i have to configure the Crowd directory

1 answer

0 votes
William Zanchet [Atlassian]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 20, 2012

Hi Thomas,

Yes there's a way to reduce the scope, to get the users just from a group in LDAP. I found this knowledge base about this, that will explain how to write a LDAP filter.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DEV/How+to+write+LDAP+search+filters
Now you can get just people that are inside a certain group in the AD.

To configurate that in Crowd, you can go to Directories > find your AD there, and click on the "Edit" and should be a field like "LDAP Schema" then type your LDAP filter there.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

WZ

Thomas Weber August 21, 2012

Hi,

Thank you for Your Quick answer. I fix the Problem in an other Way.

After a short workshop with our AD-Administrator we decided to build a new OU in the AD and copy all the Jira users to this OU an make sone Gruops there so.

Then i chang the Base DN of the Connector from CN_=Users to OU=OU:Jira_User.

so i need to license only this users an i can use the group for the Rights configration in jira.

Cheers,

Thomas

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events