Is Crowd 4.1.0 supported for Microsoft SQL 2012?

Application Services August 10, 2020

My Crowd database is running on MS SQL 2012. I want to upgrade Crowd application to 4.1. Will this work?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 10, 2020

Hey there!

Unfortunately Crowd 4.1 no longer supports MS SQL 2012 - the supported platforms documentation for Crowd shows that you'll need to upgrade to SQL Server 2016 or 2017.

The last version of Crowd to support SQL Server 2012 (and also SQL Server 2014) was Crowd 4.0.

Cheers,
Daniel

Application Services August 12, 2020

There is a step in the upgrade: run start_crowd.bat. Is this needed if I am upgrading (from 2.11 to 4.0)? Would it be enough to simply start the Crowd service? (or as I did, remove the previous 00.Crowd service and then install it with 'service.bat install 00.Crowd'command and start it.

Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 14, 2020

That should be sufficient - the start_crowd.bat file is there to start the application if you haven't installed it as a service. Since you've installed the service, you should be all set to manage it normally like any other Windows service.

Application Services August 16, 2020

This information would be useful mentioning on the Upgrade Site!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events