Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Integrated Windows authentication with Crowd

Allan Libby September 5, 2018

We are trying to implement an integrated authentication scheme with windows (mostly for Jira Service Desk).  I've been looking through the forums trying to find a good solution.  We already have SecureAuth in use and it looks like maybe we can accomplish this with SA and Crowd. 

Does anyone have any experience with this?  We would prefer to avoid having to buy an expensive addon as we will already need to purchase crowd (right now we are just using Jira to integrate directly with AD then using Jira as the user directory for our other atlassian products).

1 answer

0 votes
Bruno Vincent
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 5, 2018

Hi @Allan Libby

The Atlassian stack is pretty open when it comes to authentication and integration. What you want to do can be done with a custom add-on / authenticator as detailed on this page. Of course, that means you will have to write code.

Alternatively if you change your mind about commercial add-ons, you might want to take a look at the IWAAC Kerberos SSO add-on. IWAAC stands for "Integrated Windows Authentication for Applications using Crowd". One of the good things about it is that you use the same license key (and thus pay only once) on all your instances and applications (e.g. Jira, Confluence, Bamboo).

(Important disclaimer: I work for the IWAAC plugin's vendor. As you probably already know, there are many other SSO vendors on Atlassian Marketplace: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/search?query=sso)

Allan Libby September 5, 2018

We are trying not to buy an expensive plugin AND crowd at the same time.  Your plugin would be over $5k for our user base on top of the $2500 or so for Crowd.   I was wondering if we could do this without buying too many items at once.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events