• Community
  • Products
  • Crowd
  • Questions
  • How to use crowd for LDAP authentication without passing the plain password to the application? (like Facebook connect)

How to use crowd for LDAP authentication without passing the plain password to the application? (like Facebook connect)

Davia viea December 3, 2011

Hi,

I have a web application (django on Apache) and I want to add authentication (login) page.

I don't want that the users will send me their plain password and I'll send them to the LDAP server.

I'm looking for something like Facebook Connect that uses LDAP instead of facebbok.

I want to add iframe to "Crowd Connect" and I'll get the username and some token to prove that the user did authentication.

Is this possible?

thanks

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Tiago Comasseto
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 24, 2014

Hi there, if I'm not mistaken, applications that use Facebook authentication use oauth, which is an open standard. Crowd doesn't provide oauth authentication by default, but it provides openID that works in a similar way.

You mentioned that your application is behind Apache, I know that there's a module for Apache that provides openID capability, you may want to check this out.

I hope it helps.

Cheers

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events