How to fix connection of JIRA to Crowd

I use a Crowd dictionary for SSO login to JIRA.

Now JIRA can not connect to Crowd because the authentication failed. Because of this, I can't login to JIRA. Also a login with an internal JIRA account is not possible since I have configured the Crowd SSO dictionary.

How can I fix my Crowd authentication configuration in JIRA without a login into JIRA, or how can I disable the Cword SSO configuration so that I can use an internal user account to login into JIRA.

It's not enough to update the crowd.properties File, since in JIRA ist's also necessary to update the dictionary settings in the JIRA admin section.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Accepted answer
Bruno Vincent Community Champion Aug 07, 2018

Hi @Claus Muus

Yes, if you disable Crowd SSO in seraph-config.xml you will be able to log into Jira with a Jira internal directory user. Then you will be able to fix your Crowd connection settings.

Please note that you will have to restart Jira after editing seraph-config.xml so as to take the changes into account.

Thank you. That works fine.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published yesterday in Jira

How you can achieve compact and easy-to-maintain workflows in your JIRA( Server)

This approach requires you to have the JIRA administrative rights. The main aim of this article is to help you achieve an organized, easy-to-maintain workflows in your JIRA instance thereby, reducin...

239 views 0 0
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you