Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to fix connection of JIRA to Crowd

Claus Muus August 7, 2018

I use a Crowd dictionary for SSO login to JIRA.

Now JIRA can not connect to Crowd because the authentication failed. Because of this, I can't login to JIRA. Also a login with an internal JIRA account is not possible since I have configured the Crowd SSO dictionary.

How can I fix my Crowd authentication configuration in JIRA without a login into JIRA, or how can I disable the Cword SSO configuration so that I can use an internal user account to login into JIRA.

It's not enough to update the crowd.properties File, since in JIRA ist's also necessary to update the dictionary settings in the JIRA admin section.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Bruno Vincent
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 7, 2018

Hi @Claus Muus

Yes, if you disable Crowd SSO in seraph-config.xml you will be able to log into Jira with a Jira internal directory user. Then you will be able to fix your Crowd connection settings.

Please note that you will have to restart Jira after editing seraph-config.xml so as to take the changes into account.

Claus Muus August 7, 2018

Thank you. That works fine.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events