It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How to fix connection of JIRA to Crowd

I use a Crowd dictionary for SSO login to JIRA.

Now JIRA can not connect to Crowd because the authentication failed. Because of this, I can't login to JIRA. Also a login with an internal JIRA account is not possible since I have configured the Crowd SSO dictionary.

How can I fix my Crowd authentication configuration in JIRA without a login into JIRA, or how can I disable the Cword SSO configuration so that I can use an internal user account to login into JIRA.

It's not enough to update the crowd.properties File, since in JIRA ist's also necessary to update the dictionary settings in the JIRA admin section.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Bruno Vincent Community Leader Aug 07, 2018

Hi @Claus Muus

Yes, if you disable Crowd SSO in seraph-config.xml you will be able to log into Jira with a Jira internal directory user. Then you will be able to fix your Crowd connection settings.

Please note that you will have to restart Jira after editing seraph-config.xml so as to take the changes into account.

Thank you. That works fine.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted in Jira

We want to hear from you! How do you use Slack and Atlassian together?

Hi Everyone! My name is Mina and I am on Atlassian’s Ecosystems Marketing team. Our team is focused on our technology partnerships and marketplace apps. One of Atlassian’s partners is Slack, who ...

22 views 0 2
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you