Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I let users sign-up for Crowd accounts on their own?

Hemal Udani November 13, 2012

We are using Crowd with JIRA and Confluence. In Crowd, we have an LDAP directory (delegated) and a regular Crowd directory. We would like to allow users to self-sign-up to get accounts in the Crowd directory. When the customer visits JIRA login page, or Confluence login page, or the Crowd login page, they should see a link to Sign-up for an account. And when they do, that would create a Crowd directory account.

1 answer

0 votes
GuilhermeA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 21, 2012

Hello Hemal,

Unfortuantely this is not yet implemented, due this improvement:

• https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CWD-410

However searcing through answers I could see that there are some users trying to create a function that would automatically create users. This needs some further development, but could be of use to you:

And there is the Developer documentation that makes use of REST API that would call a create user trigger.

Sorry that I could not prompt you with a direct answer on how-to, but this will help you get on the right track I guess.

Cheers,

Guilherme

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events