cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Crowd support SSO across Jira Server, Jira Data Center and Jira CLoud

Val Scott
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 23, 2022

On this page

https://confluence.atlassian.com/kb/single-sign-on-integration-with-the-atlassian-stack-794495126.html 

The following statement is made: Crowd SSO 2.0 offers one solution for Server, Data Center, and Cloud applications and setting it up takes only minutes.
Are you are ready for the change? See Crowd SSO 2.0.

However, when I look at the documentation, it does not appear Crowd SSO 2.0 can be used for cloud. 

I am looking for a solution to have SSO across Jira Server and Jira Cloud. How can I accomplish this?

1 answer

1 vote
Craig Castle-Mead
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 8, 2022

Hi Val,

To get SSO between terrestrial and Atlassian Cloud using Crowd, you're going to need to use Crowd as your SAML provider for both - this means using Atlassian Access to talk to your Crowd environment using SAML.

For your terrestrial apps (Server and DC) - DC has native SAML support, but Server does not. I believe there are third party/marketplace apps that will give you SAML for Server in their own way.

"However, when I look at the documentation, it does not appear Crowd SSO 2.0 can be used for cloud. " - Crowd SSO (SAML) I believe was introduced in Crowd DC 4.0 - and Access should allow you to add a SAML connector. NB: you can only have one SAML provider per Atlassian Access Org - though https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/ACCESS-572 indicates it may be available in the near future

CCM

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events