Do active directory sub groups come down into Crowd Directory during synchronization?

lance_lyons
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 14, 2011

We have setup crowd to connect to our active directory. We have added the groups jira-users, jira-administrators, confluence-users, etc,etc. We have verified that if a user is placed into a active directory group on the active directory side and you synchronize, you will be able to login to the app using that directory using your active directory credentials. YOu can see these users in the group jira-users in Crowd. However if we added a active directory group like "SoftwareDevTeam" to the jira-users group and syncrhonize, you dont see any users or sub groups.

Am i doing something wrong or do I need to add users individually to the groups jira-users, etc,etc.

We dont have the Crowd directory setup to make changes in our active directory.

Thanks

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
lance_lyons
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 14, 2011

This functionality is in Crowd and called nested groups. I was able to enable nested group in the directory and all the sub group info synced into the directory.

http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CROWD/Nested+Groups+in+Crowd

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events