Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connecting Crowd 3.x to Azure AD

Christophe Houberdon December 6, 2017

Hello,

We are try trying to configure our Azure AD as a directory in Crowd 3.1 as it is described in the documentation https://confluence.atlassian.com/crowd/configuring-azure-active-directory-935372375.html

However, the following sentence makes me doubt:

Crowd will automatically pull data from Azure AD. If that doesn't happen, you can click Synchronise nowOnce the synchronization is complete, you can check your users and groups from Azure AD by going to Users/Groups in the top navigation bar.

Does that mean that ALL the AD users will be imported in Crowd? In our case: 300.000+

Thanks for your answer

Christophe

2 answers

0 votes
Bruno Vincent
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 11, 2017

Hi @Christophe Houberdon,

You might want to take a look at our Office 365 Directory Connector for Crowd (ODCC).

ODCC actually has a filter option that allows you to retrieve only the users who belong to specific Azure AD groups.

You can get more details about the ODCC plugin on our website: https://www.cleito.com/products/odcc/

Christophe Houberdon December 12, 2017

Hi Bruno,

Thanks for your answer. We tested ODCC and it seems very promising (e.g. group filtering, incremental synchronization). My main concern is about the sustainability of the plugin which will depend on the Atlassian roadmap and future Crowd features.

Bruno Vincent
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 12, 2017

Hi @Christophe Houberdon,

I understand your concern about the future of the plugin. However since as of today we have unique features (e.g. filtering options, Azure Germany support, 2FA users), we are definitely continuing to maintain and develop the plugin.

You might want to take a look at our comparison table here: https://www.cleito.com/products/odcc/#comparison

(Please note that as of today ODCC does not support incremental synchronisation)

0 votes
Timothy
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 6, 2017

Yes. That is correct. Crowd will pull all the user, groups and membership that it can find in the selection that you allow it too. There are available options to filter out / in users, groups and memberships:

Christophe Houberdon December 6, 2017

Hi Timothy, we already did that when we connected Crowd to our LDAP. But in our case we would like to play with a user directory of type "Azure Active Directory".

Timothy
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 7, 2017

I don't have a Crowd instance available to me at the moment but I would assume that it would be the same kind of filters enabled.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events