Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Can I use Crowd SSO with server JIRA/Confluence and cloud Bitbucket/Hipchat

We have Server versions of JIRA and Confluence and Cloud Bitbucket and Hipchat.  Can we use Crowd for SSO to all applications?

Thanks

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted

SSO relies on a common directory of users.  Cloud systems have their own internal system which you can't connect up to other servers.  So I'm afraid the answer is "no".

You might be able to code something that can take the Cloud authentication tokens and duplicates the process for logins for other systems, but I don't think it would be easy, and I've a nagging doubt that it would be very insecure, as well as add a "duplicate all users in two systems" overhead.

Thanks Nic, that is what I thought! Sorry about the dups...

That would be a limitation of the Crowd Product, not a general one.  For instance, if Crowd implemented the SAML 2.0 Protocols for Identity Providers, any SAML 2.0-compliant Service Provider application would be able to use Crowd for single signon.

-greg

AnnWorley Atlassian Team Apr 04, 2017

More details on Atlassian's decision not to implement SAML in Crowd:

General SAML Support

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Asked in Jira Service Desk

Calling all Insight users, we need your help!

Hello Insight users,  As part of our (Mindville's) acquisition by Atlassian, our training team is looking to build some new Insight training materials. It would really helpful if you can ...

102 views 1 0
View question

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you