Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I use Crowd SSO with server JIRA/Confluence and cloud Bitbucket/Hipchat

Jenifer Kuntz January 30, 2017

We have Server versions of JIRA and Confluence and Cloud Bitbucket and Hipchat.  Can we use Crowd for SSO to all applications?

Thanks

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 30, 2017

SSO relies on a common directory of users.  Cloud systems have their own internal system which you can't connect up to other servers.  So I'm afraid the answer is "no".

You might be able to code something that can take the Cloud authentication tokens and duplicates the process for logins for other systems, but I don't think it would be easy, and I've a nagging doubt that it would be very insecure, as well as add a "duplicate all users in two systems" overhead.

Jenifer Kuntz January 30, 2017

Thanks Nic, that is what I thought! Sorry about the dups...

0 votes
Greg Carpenter February 24, 2017

That would be a limitation of the Crowd Product, not a general one.  For instance, if Crowd implemented the SAML 2.0 Protocols for Identity Providers, any SAML 2.0-compliant Service Provider application would be able to use Crowd for single signon.

-greg

AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 4, 2017

More details on Atlassian's decision not to implement SAML in Crowd:

General SAML Support

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events