Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can Crowd act as a IdP proxy?

Simon So April 30, 2019

I would like to use Crowd to manage permissions to my Atlassian apps (JIRA for example), but I have a set of internal users in AD and some external users in Salesforce. AD is no problem, but can Crowd act as a IdP proxy and redirect authentication to Salesforce IdP?

Thanks,

Simon

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Lokesh Naktode_miniOrange
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 2, 2019

Hi @Simon So ,

You can use Crowd SAML SSO Plugin to enable authentication from Salesforce for your external users. To connect to your JIRA and other atlassian applications with Salesforce through Crowd, you will also need to install the crowd SSO connector add-ons in these Atlassian applications. Using the SSO connector, any user accessing that application can either log in with AD (internal user) or choose to get redirected to Salesforce for SSO (external user).

1. Crowd SSO Connector add-on for JIRA
  2. Crowd SSO Connector add-on for Confluence
  3. Crowd SSO Connector add-on for Bitbucket
  4. Crowd SSO Connector add-on for bamboo

In this case, all the SSO requests and response to and from Salesforce will go through the Crowd server. The user authentication will be done by the Salesforce and AD and Crowd can be still be used to manage user permissions.

Please reach out to atlassiansupport@miniorange.com for further queries or if you need any help with the setup.

Thanks,
Lokesh

Full Discloser: I work for the miniOrange.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events