Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding Crowd User via API

Christopher Del Rosario August 13, 2021

Hi All!

I am utilizing the CROWD REST API and I am having difficulty with adding a user to a specific Directory.

When I am sending the request with the below filled out. 

{
"name": "sampleuser",
"password": {
"value": "secret"
},
"active": true,
"first-name": "Sample",
"last-name": "User",
"display-name": "Sample User",
"email": "sample@user.cool",

"directory-name": "sample",

"directory-id": 1
}

Every time the call is executed the user is being added to the first Directory on page. 

Note: Application has access to add/modify in multiple directories.

Any help would be much appreciated!

3 answers

1 vote
Craig Castle-Mead
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 17, 2021

Hi,

I don’t believe directory-name or directory-id are parameters you can pass through (https://docs.atlassian.com/atlassian-crowd/3.2.3/REST/#usermanagement/1/user-addUser)

Crowd will try and make the user in the first directory that application has access to. The way we work around this is by having an application per directory we want to create users in with a 1:1 relationship, then authenticate with the appropriate application user/pass for the directory you want to create the user in.

CCM

0 votes
Chris Arnold October 19, 2022

How does suggestion actual work in practice? You no longer have the ability to use directory's. Only have one. Mutiple unique userids for each user one for each application?

0 votes
Chris Arnold October 19, 2022

Has this been fixed in 5.0.2?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events