Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can we add External user's personal email id, while creating his user account in AD or CROWD

Ravi Kumar July 13, 2017

Hi Ann Worley,

Thanks for your reply on this.

Here below you can find my exact requirement :

Question : (1) Can we configure External user's personal email id while we creating a new user account for him in Active Directory (AD) ?

(2) If we can, how to do that ?

Detailed Description :-

The user is not our company employee, but he is an External Employee/Contractor.

Those external employee will need AD account to access Atlassian application (Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket and Bamboo)

However, we will need external users personal email (Ex:- Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail etc) to be maintained in HR system for the following reason: 

(i) As Atlassian application is mean for information exchange and communication; and we consult legal that the external should use their own email address for communication.

(ii) The external would want to receive email send from application, send to their external email instead of our company email id.

Those application is synced with AD and email maintained in the AD will be the email, which user receive notification/email send from application. 

Thus, i would appreciate the external email could be maintained as primary email for specific external employees. 

Let me know if you need more information.

Best Regards,

Ravi

0 comments

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events