why cant i open Excel file?

srikanth May 25, 2018

I am using IE 11 and tried to open Excel file within Confluence by clicking on "Edit in Office" button, but getting the following error message. Confluence error.pngerror 2.png

2 answers

0 votes
Moses Thomas
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 25, 2018

• Make sure another program is not using  the file
  • Make sure that  the name  of  workbook you are trying to save does not have same name as any other currently open work 
  • Lastly  are you  sure the file path  exits ? cause attachment are stored in the confluence  server for instance /var/lib/attlassian/gigawiki/attachments in Centos(unix like OS) .  Can you  download  the file  to  your local  host and view it normally  if  not  then the file does not exit  or has been  removed  by the owner
srikanth May 25, 2018

Its the special characters that prevented the page from opening or editing.   

Thanks for your feedback

Moses Thomas
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 26, 2018

@srikanthIf answers  helped/worked  then please accept answers so  that  it can help others.

Best  regards,

0 votes
Jonathan Smith
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 25, 2018
  • Confirm the file is still at that URL destination
  • Are you able to just read it (download)?
Moses Thomas
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 25, 2018

srikanth May 25, 2018

I figured it out, within the title of the page i used "&" changed that to AND and its working now!

Thanks for your feedback

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events