Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

while using the excerpt include macro in a page, trigger email to "watch list" when content in the included page is modified ?

Sampath PB May 2, 2016

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Excerpt Include Macro

I am  using the excerpt include macro in a page.  I need to have automatic email trigger (to the people in watch list of the 'excerpt included'  page)for the modifications done on the child page(having the excerpt). 

4 answers

0 votes
Paul Guthrie April 9, 2017

Just wondering if anyone has figured this out... this is also someting I need.

0 votes
Jennifer Magoon September 6, 2016

Is there any macros out there that can send a notification if a page with a macro include has been updated as a result of a change on the parent page? 

0 votes
Jon Cooper August 15, 2016

I would love to see this as an option in the macro (i.e. "Trigger watchers when parent space is updated" or something) we are using the macro to pull together a "guidebook" from key areas of different project sites.

The intent would be people only need to follow the Guidebook space, then content changes that are pulled in from other sites/spaces via the Include macro would trigger an update to watchers.

0 votes
Giles B
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 3, 2016

Hi Sampath,

If people are watching the page with the excerpt, and that page changes, they'll get a notification. They won't, however, get a notification if they're only watching the page with the excerpt include, as the page is just rendering the macro rather than parsing its contents.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events