version control issue

Sanket September 3, 2022

Hello Team, 

I am using confluence webpages for work related documentation. This week, I found version control bug on a specific webpage which I update almost every day. I am the only one who edits and updates the document. Following are the sequence of observations.

• I updated the document on August 30th. When I opened the confluence page on next day changes made on August 30th were not there.
  • I clicked on Edit page to make new changes and clicked on update. All earlier saved work showed-up automatically.  I closed the page.
  • I opened the page on Thursday again. This time neither changes saved on Tuesday nor on Wednesday were visible. But again after updating the page the previously changes popped -up on the page.
  • When I checked version history it did not show the changes saved on August 30the and 31st.
  • I exported the page to PDF. The downloaded file also showed all changes saved in prior week itself and not current version.

Please let me know if anyone has came across such version control issue and how can one get rid of this bug.

1 answer

0 votes
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 4, 2022

@Sanket welcome to the Atlassian community 

Are you publishing the page when you save it?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events