unable to use the Confluence macro which embeds a JIRA issue on a page and unable to see calendar ev

Blacksky IT November 29, 2018

I have a user who is having an issue getting Confluence to talk to Jira. She made a test page and Jira does not reflect changes to the page. Plus, her calendar is not syncing. Any idea why this would happen and how I can fix it for her? 

1 answer

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 3, 2018

Richard,

What sort of changes are you making to the Confluence page that isn't reflecting in Jira?

As for the Calendar syncing, can you let me know what you mean by that? Is it connected to an external calendar?

Does this only occur for the one user, but not anyone else on the instance?

Please also let me know what version Jira and Confluence are.

Thank you!

Shannon

Blacksky IT December 3, 2018

Hi Shannon,

We are trying to use the Confluence macro to embed a Jira ticket into a Confluence page. When Confluence asks the user to "Login and Approve," the Jira page is loaded in the background, but nothing happens.

The problem with the Calendars is that the team calendars are not syncing for users.

So far, I know the issue is affecting a handful of users and possibly more.

Jira version 7.7.0 and  Confluence version 6.4.1 with Team Calendars version 6.0.25.

Thank you for your help!!

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 4, 2018

Hi Richard,

So from my understanding, you're having two separate issues.

1. You are using the Jira issues macro in a Confluence page to display a Jira ticket. It asks the user to login, they do, but the macro doesn't update in Confluence to display the issue.
  2. There is an issue with getting your calendars to sync.

With the 2nd issue, I'm still not clear on what problem you're having. The Team Calendars app hosts the calendar itself so there's no syncing required. If you embed the calendar in a page using the macro, it will display the calendar as it is, again, no syncing is required.

Syncing is required when you subscribe to a Team Calendar via Google Calendar or Outlook, for example.

Could you describe the exact behavior you're experiencing with your Calendar?

As for your Application Link itself, I would recommend that you try to remove the application link and recreate it, and see if that helps.

Regards,

Shannon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events