show related pages using Related Labels Macro

EtienneD December 29, 2022

Hi,

At the bottom of a page I need to list all the pages sharing the same labels, ideally sorted by labels (i.e. label1: liste of pages bearing label1 and so on).

The Related Labels Macro gives me the labels but doesn't show the name, but gives me a link to the pages. Not bad except that I want to see a direct link to the related pages.

The Content Report Table (and the Navigation Map Macro as well) gives me almost what I want, except that to use the macro I need to list manually the labels in the macro in edit mode which prevents to make the listing dynamic both ways (when a page with the same label is added It will appear in the list, but nothing will change if I add a label to my page, unless I manually add that label in the macro as well. Way too heavy for my writers...)

A mix of both would be ideal...

I guess I'm missing a very simple thing, but I'm stuck with this for several hours now... 

Thanks for your help

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 1, 2023

@EtienneD The related labels macro is the only way to dynamically show the content you would like.  If it is not displaying in a format that you are happy with there is not a way to really change it.  Since you are on server you could always try and use CSS to hide or change the format of elements that are already being displayed.  I am also not aware of any apps in the marketplace that show this information.

EtienneD January 2, 2023

@Brant Schroeder thanks for your answer.

However I'm able to tweak CSS and I doubt my Confluence admin will spent time on that.

Do you know  if there's a 3rd party app that could list the related pages the way I want ?

label1 | link to page with label1 #1

label1 | link to page with label1 #2

label1 | link to page with label1 #3

label2 | link to page with label1 #1

label2 | link to page with label1 #2

and so on ?

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 3, 2023

@EtienneD I am not aware of any apps that provide that functionality.

Like EtienneD likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events