server 6.15 to cloud

gord February 10, 2020

Working to migrate to Atlassian cloud (free for now, as it's just 2 of us), and am having issues with the initial migration - I can't get the app onto the server, because I can't load the "manage apps" screen - it's blank. the console error is "viewgeneralconfig.action:1 GET http://documents.networkzoo.ca:8090/admin/viewgeneralconfig.action net::ERR_CONTENT_DECODING_FAILED 500" and when I went through Google, basically it tells me to purge all my plugins. I tried that as best I could in the directories, and in mysql, but it seems there's an issue.  There's not a ton of data in the spaces, but migrating would be better than redoing - am I just missing something?

1 answer

0 votes
Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 19, 2020

Hey Gord,

Thanks for reaching out - we definitely want to offer a smooth migration process! The migration app is updated often and does need to be at the most recent version in order to run a migration. Not being able to pull up the Manage Apps page to update the plugin is a not a showstopper though, we can force a manual plugin update to get the migration assistant working.

Following these steps, you should be able to do a manual upgrade of the Confluence Cloud Migration Assistant plugin.

1. Shut down Confluence

2. Download the latest version of the Confluence Cloud Migration Assistant from its version page on Marketplace. As of the time of this answer, that's 2.4.4 (but double-check on the versions page for a newer version!) 

3. Move the downloaded .jar file to the following directory in Confluence's Install directory:
    • <confluence-install>/confluence/WEB-INF/atlassian-bundled-plugins
  4. Remove the previous version of migration-agent-***.jar from the atlassian-bundled-plugins directory where you just copied the most recent version in. For Confluence 6.15, it's likely this version:
    • migration-agent-1.0.6.jar

5. Delete these directories in Confluence's Home folder:
    1. <confluence-home>/bundled-plugins
    2. <confluence-home>/plugins-cache
    3. <confluence-home>/plugins-osgi-cache
    4. <confluence-home>/plugins-temp
    5. <confluence-home>/bundled-plugins_language (might not exist)

6. Start Confluence

After this, you should be able to start a migration plan.

Please let me know if you run into trouble or have more questions!

Cheers,
Daniel | Atlassian Support

gord February 20, 2020

Hey, so doing that is great and all, but when I go to the settings menu in Confluence, I get a blank page, as I was getting before. i'm sure it's something dumb, but i'm stumped.

Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 20, 2020

Ah yes - blank admin pages can happen sometimes. The fixes for that can vary pretty widely. Before we go down that road, see if you can get the migration assistant to load directly.

Based on the info from your original post, the migration assistant for you will be at this URL:

http://documents.networkzoo.ca:8090/admin/migration.action

If that gives you a white page too, let me know and we'll start on that fix!

Cheers,
Daniel

gord February 20, 2020

sadly, same same. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events