search settings in confluence 3.5.6

Hi  Everyone,

i want to limit  the search functionality in confluence. By default results are coming from all spaces, all content. I want to limit it as the result should come from one  space and  from pages only not from attachment,blog, comment etc. Is  there any admin settings or back end ways  (database) ways to achieve it. I know we can filter the results after the results came,I want to limit it from the first page  itself. 

Thank you

2 answers

0 vote

hi team,

I've checked the Confluence search syntax documentation and I couldn't locate any mention to limit the search results from specific spaces and contents. I do believe this is not possible by default.

I'll leave this question open as such some other person/developer might know if this is possible to implement.

Cheers,

Rodrigo

I'm not sure if this is available in 3.5.6... but you could probably hack something up using the LiveSearch macro, which is parameterized in the exact way you're asking.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/livesearch-macro-163415902.html

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Kesha Thillainayagam
Posted Apr 13, 2018 in Confluence

We want to hear how your non-technical teams are using Confluence!

Hi Community! Kesha (kay-sha) from the Confluence marketing team here! Can you share stories with us on how your non-technical (think Marketing, Sales, HR, legal, etc.) teams are using Confluen...

2,811 views 26 10
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you