resolvING comments sequentially

Keith Beckett April 3, 2023

I spend a lot of time reviewing and then resolving comments - when the page is clear of any comments we consider it "done."

Every time that I add to or resolve a comment, confluence automatically takes me to the FIRST comment - ARRRRRGGGG.

Consequently I spend an INORDINATE amount of time having to scroll back to where I was last, often missing a comment or two in the process.

CONFLUENCE MUST EITHER STAY WHERE IT WAS OR AUTOMATICALLY TAKE ME TO THE NEXT COMMENT.

TAKING ME REPEATEDLY BACK TO THE FIRST COMMENT IS EXTREMELY FRUSTRATING.

THIS MUST BE FIXED OR HAVE A CONFIGURATION TO CONTROL.

4 answers

1 vote
Marty.Wachter September 15, 2023

Agree. This is highly frustrating. Everytime you reply to a comment the page jumps to comment #1 even if you are responding to comment #25

0 votes
david_kubac December 11, 2023

I have this issue too. Obviously a bug and a highly frustrating one. I'm surprised it doesn't have more upvotes.

0 votes
Keith Beckett April 10, 2023

Maurice,

This non-answer is not helpful as it provides no ability or commitment to resolve a very obvious defect.

How do I escalate this issue with the right person?

Keith

Maurice Puggioni April 17, 2023

Hi Keith.

I'm no expert on this, but I think that if you wanted to take this further you could log a issue (i.e. ticket). I'm not sure which version of Confluence you are using - we're using the Confluence Cloud version - if you are too then it would be something like this...

https://jira.atlassian.com/projects/CONFCLOUD/issues/CONFCLOUD-33932?filter=allopenissues 

If there's any Atlassian dudes monitoring this thread, please feel free to comment if that is the correct approach or not.

Cheers,
Maurice

0 votes
Maurice Puggioni April 3, 2023

I share your frustration. I'm not aware of any config option whereby you can change the existing behaviour.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events