reorder confluence 5.3 pages via api

Amos Shapira July 8, 2014

I'm working on a tool to migrate our docbook/html documentation into Confluence. We currently use Confluence 5.3.1 and I do not have control over upgrading to a more recent version.

I use the JSON-RPC API (https://developer.atlassian.com/display/CONFDEV/Remote+Confluence+Methods) and a Python script to do the work.

I'm hitting a problem where the individual pages are automatically ordered alphabetically when imported to Confluence. I need a way to enforce specific order via the script (we have a total of 44 books and 243 chapters, one page per chapter, so manual reorder is out of the question).

I tried to "movePage" within its parent with the "append" order after uploading it but although the API reports success the order stays auto-sorted.

What's the way to achieve that through the API?

2 answers

2 votes
Bob Swift OSS (Bob Swift Atlassian Apps)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 1, 2014

There isn't a way to do this via remote APIs at this time. See also this answer for the Confluence CLI.

Reinhard Jöhnk July 17, 2016

any progress here?

Bob Swift OSS (Bob Swift Atlassian Apps)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 18, 2016

Yes, see CSOAP-343. And there are some movePage examples with this on Examples.

Reinhard Jöhnk July 18, 2016

Thanks for the prompt reply smile!

But sad: I use the latest greatest Rest API, any chance?

Steve Eckhart August 29, 2016

Is the ability to order pages through the API in the backlog for the Confluence REST API?

Reinhard Jöhnk August 29, 2016
0 votes
Amos Shapira September 30, 2014

Any chance to get a response about this from Atlassian?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events