reorder confluence 5.3 pages via api

I'm working on a tool to migrate our docbook/html documentation into Confluence. We currently use Confluence 5.3.1 and I do not have control over upgrading to a more recent version.

I use the JSON-RPC API (https://developer.atlassian.com/display/CONFDEV/Remote+Confluence+Methods) and a Python script to do the work.

I'm hitting a problem where the individual pages are automatically ordered alphabetically when imported to Confluence. I need a way to enforce specific order via the script (we have a total of 44 books and 243 chapters, one page per chapter, so manual reorder is out of the question).

I tried to "movePage" within its parent with the "append" order after uploading it but although the API reports success the order stays auto-sorted.

What's the way to achieve that through the API?

2 answers

This widget could not be displayed.

There isn't a way to do this via remote APIs at this time. See also this answer for the Confluence CLI.

Yes, see CSOAP-343. And there are some movePage examples with this on Examples.

Thanks for the prompt reply smile!

But sad: I use the latest greatest Rest API, any chance?

Is the ability to order pages through the API in the backlog for the Confluence REST API?

This widget could not be displayed.

Any chance to get a response about this from Atlassian?

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Tuesday in Confluence

Add-on evaluation with confluence templates

Atlassian market place contains number of Apps/Addons which improves the capability of out of the box Atlassian products. It is good to follow a plugin evaluation process before install add-ons. So t...

81 views 10 6
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you