page restrictions not available

Michael Roff
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 7, 2011

For some reason, page restirctions are no longer available within Confluence.

I can see the padlock in the top left if a page has already been restricted, but when I click on it, nothing opens up.

Similarly, if I got to Tools -> Restrictions, nothing opens up.

I can't think of any changes that have been made in the last 24 hours to cause this issue.

I haven't tried a reboot yet, but before I did I thought it was worth seeing if anyone has seen this before or may know what would be causing it?

3 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Matt
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 7, 2011

Is it possible that someone made a change to the page layout?

Michael Roff
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 7, 2011

Thanks for the ideas Matt.

And yes, "someone" did make changes to the page layout, but they will remain unnammed to protect my anonymity. :)

0 votes
Matt
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 7, 2011

Or if you are connected to LDAP for user management you might be hitting this issue:

http://confluence.atlassian.com/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=217744422

0 votes
Matt
Atlassian Team
July 7, 2011

One more cause for this issue is that the page maybe restricted to a group that no longer exists. Hopefully one of those three answers is the right one! :)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events