is there a way to disable the case sensitivity in Confluence synched with LDAP

We use Confluence 5.3.1 and synchronize to our Active Directory so that every new user that logs in for the first time is created to the Confluence Internal Directory using the AD configured directory.

When the user logs in for the first time Confluence fetches the user atributes from the AD database, including the user name.

So if the user logs in the first time using JorBal it Confluence will then store JORBAL because that is how AD stores the user name.

Later if the user tries again using the same user as he tried the first time "JorBal" he will get this error:

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Unable to rename user JORBAL to JorBal

So, is there a way to configure this so that the username is NOT case sensitive when logging in?

Thanks so much!

1 answer

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.
Daryl Chuah Atlassian Team Dec 29, 2013

Hi Jorge

It seems like you have bump into this known bug report in here:

The good news is that this bug behaviour has been resolved in Confluence version 5.3.4

Thanks Daryl

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Sep 17, 2018 in Confluence

Why start from scratch? Introducing four new templates for Confluence Cloud

Hi my Community friends!  For those who don't know me, I'm a product marketer on the Confluence Cloud team - nice to meet you! For those of you who do, you know that I've been all up in your Co...

539 views 7 6
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you