i am using comala publishing plugin and would like to "mirror" a specif part of an existing page. That doesn't seem to work

Pelagia Papoulidou June 15, 2015

Hi there!

I created a new space so as for it to publish from an existing.My need was to keep only partial information from the existing space. I tried to delete pages and their children, but when i tested publishing option they all came back!  Is there another way I could do that?

Cheers

Pelagia

4 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Miguel Reimer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 17, 2015

Hi Pelagia,

If you only want to space publish certain pages in the draft space to the published space, we have what we call sync labels.  Here's how to set that up:

1. First add a label to all pages in the draft space that you want to publish
  2. Add that label to the "Label" option on the Publishing "Configuration" page in the global Confluence Admin and save it.
  3. In the space publishing configuration, make sure the "" and "" options are unchecked.

Now only pages that have this sync label will be published when you publish the space.

If you have other spaces where you want to publish the whole page, check the "" option is checked in the space publishing configuration.

Also in the future to ensure we are notified about your question, please post directly to our support site - https://comalatech.zendesk.com/

Thanks,
Miguel

Michael Kettner June 17, 2016

It looks like that child pages inherit the label from their parent, i.e. a child page gets published even it is not labeled for publishing. 

Is this a bug or a feature?

0 votes
Miguel Reimer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 19, 2015

Hi Pelagia,

As mentioned on your forum post on our site, that I've tried just about every setting combination with the sync-label and have not been able to reproduce pages being deleted in the draft and published spaces. We currently don't have any option to delete pages in the draft space.

However, if you have the "Delete pages added in target space" option checked, Comala Publishing does delete pages in the Published space that aren't included in the pages being published. Any pages deleted by this process will be in the published space trash: Space tools > Content Tools > Trash. You could try checking your draft space trash as well if pages have gone missing.

Thanks,
Miguel

0 votes
Pelagia Papoulidou June 19, 2015

@Miguel Reimer - Comalatech It seems that something went totally wrong Miguel!

Some pages are deleted without me understanding how!

I submitted a question to your support-site and am waiting for an answer as I need to restore those pages immediately

Please help!

Pelagia

0 votes
Pelagia Papoulidou June 17, 2015

Hi Miguel,

thank you for this really useful answer! I will try it out and let you know at https://comalatech.zendesk.com/

Cheers,

Pelagia

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events