how to have both public & private comments?

Robert Lauriston
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 19, 2011

I want external users (customers) to be able to post and see each other's comments.

I also want internal users (employees) to be able to post comments that only internal users can see, to discuss possible changes and so on.

How can I do both?

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jeremy Largman
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 20, 2011

Other than building a plugin, this is a feature request - see CONF-5639. You can comment in that issue and vote for it, or add your specific use-case.

1 vote
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 19, 2011

It is possible to select who can view the comments when it is posted. When internal customers post it, they should make sure the visibility is selected appropriately!

Edit: This is for JIRA, not Confluence.

Robert Lauriston
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 19, 2011

I see view restrictions for pages, but not for comments.

Rising Star
Rising Star
October 19, 2011

Checkout the comment visibility section here: http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Commenting+on+an+Issue#CommentingonanIssue-addcomment

Also check how the administrator has configured it.

Like Sebastian likes this
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 19, 2011

Oops, I am talking about JIRA! My bad!

0 votes
David at David Simpson Apps
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
October 19, 2011
This seems like a perfectly reasonable use of a custom plugin. I've developed similar functionality in the past. You'd likely want to configure an LDAP group as the internal users and set the comment visibility based on that group.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events