Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how does the [ ] shortcut work for a task list?

Margaret Boeneke October 15, 2018

I see documentation that you can use [ ] as a shortcut for a task list, but no matter how I enter it, i get a shortcut to create a link. what exactly am I supposed to type? 

Thanks!

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 15, 2018

Hi @Margaret Boeneke,

just enter

[    

and then 

]

without any spaces or anything else between these brackets. That should result in something like this:

image.png

it is not working at all. is this possibly a version problem? We are using server 6.10.1

instead of allowing me to do the task list shortcut, it is doing a link autocomplete like this:

Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 15, 2018

Do you get this, when you enter the opening bracket?

image.png

What happens, if you then enter the closing bracket?

Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 15, 2018

I see, you get this. 

Then, just ignore the suggestions and enter the closing bracket instead.

that just makes brackets :(

snippy.PNG

Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 15, 2018

Don‘t put anything between the brackets and enter a space after the closing bracket 

Like # people like this

that worked!! thank you!!

Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 15, 2018

That‘s great, @Margaret Boeneke, you‘re welcome 

If you think, your question is answered, please accept the answer with the green button above. Other users with similar questions can find answers easier, if they are accepted.

Thank you

Thomas Kanusky April 22, 2020

[space] doesn't seem to work now 22 April 2020.

Anyone else have this problem or know a solution?

Like # people like this
Mallee Morris September 13, 2021

I also can't get my keyboard shortcut to work for action items...can't add them in line by  starting with @User Issue //date either.  That inserts the user tag and the date but doesn't register it as an action item.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events