Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how can i donwload all versions of 1 file ?

PIM Coty January 13, 2020

Hello, 

we have an automated API call posts some data into an excel file every day onto confluence. The files are therefore versioned. Rather than manually downloading them one by one, is there a way i can download them in Bulk?  When i click "download all", it only downloads the latest version of this file...

thank you for your help

1 answer

0 votes
Zak Laughton
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 15, 2020

Hi Barbara,

Unfortunately, I don't think there's a native way to do this in Confluence. However, you may be able to get all the attachments at once by doing a space export (see Export Content to Word, PDF, HTML and XML).

When you do a space export, you should get a zip file that contains a folder with all the attachments. However, these attachments will be in a directory labelled by the numerical page and attachment ID, not by the file name you see in Confluence. You should be able to find the attachment id in the URL for the file on the attachments page. All versions of the file should be named according to their version in a folder named the same as the attachment id.

For example if the attachment ID is 1234 and there are 10 versions of the document, you should be able to a folder titled 1234 nested somewhere in the attachments of an export with files named 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, and 10. These files won't have file extensions, but you should be able to view the files regularly when you add the file extension yourself (e.g. 10.xls).

I know this workaround is a little involved, but thought I'd share in case it helps what you're trying to do here.

I hope this helps!
– Zak

Michelle Vieira January 21, 2021

Hi Zac - Do you know if these exports preserve the timestamp of each version?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events