how can i add a new macro on confluence cloud?

Sebastian casabonne February 1, 2018

hi

how can i add a new macro on confluence cloud? , for example, "page break"...(https://confluence.atlassian.com/pages/viewpage.action?spaceKey=DISC&title=pagebreak+user+macro#pagebreakusermacro-Purelysingle-linemacro) , because this instruction is not same on the admin cloud  like in the example...

regards

2 answers

1 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
James Dellow
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 4, 2018

It takes little more effort in Cloud, but its fairly trivial to add your own Static Content Macros - I covered this at Summit a few years ago.

You can use low-cost static content hosting options as long as they support HTTPS (you don't even need a domain).

It then only takes three files to create your macro:

• atlassian-connect.json (the add-on configuration file)
  • An icon (image file) for your add-on
  • A text file containing your storage format code

Provision through the marketplace as a private add-on.

Jeppe September 17, 2020

50% of your answer is about how easy it is to do.. and 0% is about how to actually do it.

Like # people like this
James Dellow
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 18, 2020

I posted that reply in 2018. However, last year I wrote an article with a bit more detail:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Confluence-Cloud-articles/How-to-create-simple-custom-macros-in-Confluence-Cloud/ba-p/1227422

Particularly as things can change, bear in mind that you may still find it necessary to dip into the development documentation https://developer.atlassian.com/cloud/confluence/macros/

PS I might have a "community leader" badge, but I don't work for Atlassian.

Like # people like this
Jeppe September 19, 2020

Apologies for the tone. I was a bit frustrated, and had just gone through 20 different links about how to do it, and all were outdated or answers that didn't actually show how to do it.. Maybe I'm just used to stackoverflow. Thanks for the link, - Have a nice day!

Like # people like this
0 votes
Max Foerster - K15t
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 1, 2018

Hey Sebastian, 

user macros are one of the restricted features of Confluence OnDemand. Please refer to the documentation for further information:

Restricted functions in Confluence Cloud

Best,

Max

Sebastian casabonne February 1, 2018

ok, thanks

Max Foerster - K15t
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 1, 2018

Sorry to say! :D I love writing smaller user macros and that's one of the things that keeps me away from Cloud. Additionally working with customization/CSS

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events