how can I specify the type of code in a code block ?

Andre van der Elst December 13, 2011

When I paste code in a code-block can I specify what language the code is in ?

In my specific case some code is detected in the wrong language and the highlighting looks strange.

I still remember the wiki markup ( code:xml , code:sql etc), but there seems to be no equivalent in the 'edit' popup to select the type of code.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Thomas Wendel
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 13, 2011

Are you using the latest version of the plugin? Please check in the Conlfuence Administration if you are using the latest version of the Code Macro Plugin.

I'm using the Confluence 4.1 , with version 2.0.8 of the Code Macro Plugin (from Atlassian)

Thomas Wendel
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 13, 2011
  • Are all modules enabled?
  • Have you changed something in the configuration of the plugin?

Also, I used to have the 'new code' plugin installed before we upgraded, maybe this is causing issues ?

all 22 modules are enabled

Thomas Wendel
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 13, 2011

Andre,

I just installed Confluence 4.1 as well because I thought that the problem might have something to do with the latest version of Confluence. But everything seems to work well in that version as well.

Yes it might well be that the use of the new code macro prior to the upgrade is the culprit here. Unfortunately I'm out of ideas and I can't help you any further. I suggest you report this porblem with Atlassian.

Cherrs,

Thomas

Thanks for checking, I'll contact Atlassian support.

0 votes
Oli S
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 13, 2011

You have to edit the codeblock with the "Edit" Button. In the macro Browser you could change the language (The first dropdown)

what to do if there is no dropdown ?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events