grouping-stats and eval-data - do they mix well?

Luke Thomas August 24, 2011

I'm having a problem with getting eval-data to work in my report, the report-table shown below shows the component and outage sum correctly but not the percentage. Seems there is an issue with getting a value back for %Site-AvailabilityOutageTotal% but I can't figure out what.

{table-data:Component-Availability}
||Component||Outage Summary||Linked ID||Linked OID||Outage||
| {list-data:Site-Component}
{list-option}API{list-option}
{list-option}Admin Console{list-option}
{list-option}FTP{list-option}
{list-option}Search{list-option}
{list-option}Website{list-option}
{list-data} | {text-data:Site-AvailabilitySummary} | {text-data:Site-AvailabilityID} | {text-data:Site-AvailabilityOID} | {number-data:Site-AvailabilityOutage|decimal=true} minutes|
{table-data}

{report-table}
{grouping-reporter:data:Site-Component|as=Component}
{grouping-stats:data:Site-AvailabilityOutage|as=Count}
{local-reporter:data:Component-Availability}
{text-filter:data:Site-Component|value=Website}
{text-sort:data:Site-Component|order=ascending}
{local-reporter}
{grouping-reporter}

{report-column:title=Component}{report-info:grouped:Component}{report-column}
{report-column:title=Outage}{report-info:grouped:Count > stats:sum} minutes{report-column}
{replace-and-render}{replace-item:%NumberOfDays%}{get-data:name=reporting-days}{replace-item}{replace-item:%Site-AvailabilityOutageTotal%}{report-info:grouped:Count > stats:sum}{replace-item}{replace-body}{report-column:title=Percentage}{eval-data:Percentage|format=#0.00}round((((60*24*%NumberOfDays%)-%Site-AvailabilityOutageTotal%)/(60*24*%NumberOfDays%))*100, 2){eval-data}%{report-column}{replace-body}{replace-and-render}

{report-empty}Nothing to see.{report-empty}

{report-table}

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
David Peterson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 25, 2011

Hi Charlie,

They can work together, but you can't put {eval-data} macros into a report. Reports can pull values from {eval-data} that is in a Scaffolding {table-data} or {repeating-data} however.

If you want to do maths inside a report, use the {report-eval} macro instead. It works quite similarly to the {eval-data} macro, but has a slightly different syntax. Also, values are only stored for the life of that specific page view, whereas for {eval-data} they are stored more permanently with other Scaffolding data.

In any case, to get your report working there are two options:

1. Move the {eval-data} into the {table-data} instead, then refer to it as you would any other Scaffolding data field (ie. '{report-info:data:Percentage}').

2. Use {report-eval} instead, like so:

{report-column:title=Percentage}
  {report-eval:Percentage|format=#0.00}round((((60*24*%report:content root > data:reporting-days%-%grouped:Count > stats:sum%/(60*24*%report:content root > data:reporting-days%))*100, 2){report-eval}
{report-column}

Note that you can completely remove the {replace-and-render} from this report. Also, I'm assuming that 'reporting-days' is a {number-data} field on the page somewhere that you haven't listed.

In general, it's best not to mix Scaffolding macros into reports. You can do the reverse quite safely - put Reporting macros into {table-data}/{repeating-data}, but it doesn't work so well in the other direction.

Hope that helps!

Luke Thomas August 25, 2011

Hi David,

Thanks for the detail, I tried that out but I got an error:

report-eval: Missing ")" to match a previous "(".

round((((60*24*%report:content root > data:reporting-days%-%grouped:Count > stats:sum%/(60*24*%report:content root > data:reporting-days%))*100, 2)

Using the information around report-eval I was able to resolve and complete my report.

Many thanks

David Peterson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 25, 2011

Great! I was just attempting to copy your example, but I probably missed a closing bracket somewhere...

Glad it's working.

0 votes
Manupriya S August 22, 2019

Hi I was wondering is it also possible to perform calculations using Jira Issues macro?
For eg:
i took too Jira issues count : so it would display as "23 Issues" and another as "40 Issues"

so Can i see the total as "63 issues"? 

or

is there a way i can view the jira issues count as a numeric value so then i can use the "Eval data" macro and perform calculations?

kindly, help out if possible.

Thank you.

Priya

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events