free forum functionality for confluence 5

Iakov Dlikman May 26, 2014

Dear all,

is there a free plugin that allows forum functionality in confluence 5?

If you using a third party forum in confluence 5 - can you share your experience on setup and maintenance?

Kind Regards

Iakov

3 answers

0 votes
Monika Turska [Adaptavist] June 18, 2014

Hi Iakov,

Take a look at our Community Forums add-on, it's no longer free, so we can invest in its development and provide a great support for users - but check it out, you get 30-days free evaluation in the Marketplace to make sure whether it meets your needs.

Also check Forums documentation, or get in touch with our Product Support Team to learn more about the Forums capabilities.

Thanks,

Monika Turska / PM at Adaptavist.com

0 votes
Deividi Luvison
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 26, 2014

Hey Lakov,

I believe the Community Bubbles Plugin might suit your needs since it is still free.

The above add on is from adaptavist, they also created the community forums plugin, so I can't confirm for sure is the forum functionality is still in there, however I still believe it worth a shot installing community bubbles to check it out.

Thanks and Regards,
David|Atlassian Support

Monika Turska [Adaptavist] June 18, 2014

Hi Deividi,

Thanks for referring to our Community Bubbles add-on.

Though Forums features has been removed from Community Bubbles since Confluence 5.x compatibility release and now Forums are available in the Community Forums add-on, which is our commercial and fully supported plugin.

Thanks,

Monika Turska / Adaptavist.com

Deividi Luvison
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 18, 2014

Living and learning :), thanks for the information Monika.

Thanks and Regards,

David|Atlassian Support
0 votes
Theinvisibleman
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 26, 2014

Hey Iakov,

I'm not sure if this would suit your requirements for a forum within Confluence, but you might want to check this out - Confluence Questions

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events