deleting a page errors

Pete Fishwick February 26, 2019

Hi
I have moved a page from one space to another space and now I cant delete or re order anything in this page tree in the new space - I just get an error like this when moving

The following error(s) occurred:

• Move failed. There was a problem contacting the server.

or If I try to delete the error is

Delete failed

We couldn't delete your pages. Try again.

Has anyone any advice here - I tried to move the page back but that doesnt help either

Thanks

1 answer

0 votes
Sireesha Dugginapeddi [Appfire]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 26, 2019

Hi @Pete Fishwick ,

Please check if you have 'Delete' permissions in the space you are moving your page to. In case you are using IE, try using a different browser and see if it works fine there (as IE may have some latency issues at times).

You may also want to visit this page, if the problem still persists.

Thanks

Sireesha

Pete Fishwick February 26, 2019

Hi
Thanks for reply - I have full ownership of the space so it wasnt that . However things are now working so must have been some transient state at the backend while the move looked completed perhaps its re indexing etc wasnt - not sure but I am good now

Thanks

Pete

Steve Shaw
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 22, 2020

Hello!

This was most likely caused by an out of date index which simply needed to be refreshed.  Reference: A "Delete failed" message displays when trying to delete a page.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events