customizing look and feel of confluence cloud

Shaunt Kojabashian November 9, 2020

Hi there. I'd like to use Confluence Cloud as an external knowledge base (if that's a good idea?) however, i'm having trouble figuring out how to customize the look and feel.

Here are a few things i'd like to be able to do 

- change the confluence logo with our own.

- remove the menu home, spaces, apps

- remove the Create button

- remove the "Created By ..." section at the top

- remove the exit button

- remove the sign in / ellipse details

Is there some way to do this within the confluence cloud? Appreciate the help!

confluence.png

3 answers

4 votes
Sven Schatter _Lively Apps_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
November 10, 2020

Hi @Shaunt Kojabashian,

We actually had the exact same problem, migrating from Server to Cloud. On Server, we had previously removed those unwanted parts using our own app HideElements for Confluence. On Cloud though, this is not possible and we really didn't want to use plain Confluence for our public documentation because of this. Luckily, Scroll Viewport came along and solved this problem for us. It allows you to publish your Confluence spaces to an external site that is actually intended as a public help center / documentation / knowledge base (and looks stunning in comparison to what Confluence offers). It's also highly customizable.

This is what our documentation looks like now, built on Confluence Cloud, using Scroll Viewport with their custom domain feature: https://help.livelyapps.com/task-reminder-for-confluence-cloud/

If you're interested in more details, we also have a small blog post on this topic: https://livelyapps.com/blog/2020/10/a-k15t-app-unblocked-our-cloud-migration

Cheers,
Sven

Shaunt Kojabashian November 10, 2020

awesome. thanks for the answer. I will check this one out. I recently stumbled on Refined for Confluence Cloud as well which looks like it might do the job. Even has some integrations with jira as well that could be valuable for us.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 10, 2020

A lot of the things you are asking for would render your Confluene unusable, so they cannot be done.  Some can though.  Specifically:

• change the confluence logo with our own.
    • Have a look at Admin -> Look and feel
  • remove the menu home, spaces, apps
    • These are essential to navigation and hence cannot be removed
  • remove the Create button
    • Take away people's permission to create pages in the space and the button will disappear
  • remove the "Created By ..." section at the top
    • The page information cannot be hidden
  • remove the exit button
    • This is essential to navigation and hence cannot be removed
  • remove the sign in / ellipse details
    • This needed to allow your people to log in and do things, so it can't be removed
0 votes
Shaunt Kojabashian November 9, 2020

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events