confluence "permission to delete from this space"

Bryan Collick March 31, 2016

Hi all,

I'd like for users of confluence 5.9.6 to be able to delete pages and move them from one space or location to another.

I found previous instructions which instructed me to go to Admin > Space Permissions and allow users to delete a page. I've made that modification, but when I create a test account I do not see the option to delete in the three-dot dropdown; the option is available in an account with admin privileges.

Additionally, if I choose the move option in the three-dot dropdown the "New Space" field is grayed out. Below it is this error: "You cannot move this page to another space because you do not have permission to delete it from this space."

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Athirah Zolkefli
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 2, 2016

Hi Bryan,

When you said you navigated to "Admin > Space Permissions" to allow users to delete a page, were you modifying the Default Space Permissions or the Space Permissions for that particular space?

If by some chance it is the former, any modifications you do wouldn't work on existing spaces. This is because any changes made there will only go into effect when you create new spaces. You would need to edit the Space Permissions for the particular space instead.

You can read more about assigning space permissions here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/assign-space-permissions-139460.html

Regards,
Athirah 

Bryan Collick April 5, 2016

That's what I was missing. Thanks!

0 votes
Aleks Yenin (Polontech)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 31, 2016

Hi Bryan,

Deleting a space permanently removes the space and all of its contents. To delete a space you must be the space administrator for the space.Users with System Administrator permission can also delete spaces, including personal spaces.

Bryan Collick April 1, 2016

Hi Aleks, Thanks for your answer!

Your answer is correct regarding spaces. I'm not looking to allow space deletion; I want to allow page deletion and/or moving a page from one space to another. The error message when a non-admin user tries to move pages is "You cannot move this page to another space because you do not have permission to delete it from this space."

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events