browser for confluence

Jennifer Weber July 7, 2015

Apologies if this has been answered elsewhere - I searched but could not find the answer - is there a recommended "best" browser for working in Confluence?  Thank you!

5 answers

2 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 7, 2015

It is hard to say which one is best. I user firefox and chrome the most. Checkout the supported versions and full list at https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Supported+Platforms

Check out Web browsers – desktop section.

2 votes
Guilherme V.
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 7, 2015

Hi Jennifer,

We had some issues using the Internet Explorer. I recommend using the Google Chrome or Firefox.

Cheers,

1 vote
BenoitP
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 7, 2015

Based on a team of <50 people using various browsers (IE, Firefox, Chrome, Opera, safari) with Confluence Cloud for 3 years, we had less problems with Chrome. In many cases, Firefox updates provoke issues or features/addons/macro not working anymore as expected. These issues are fixed by atlassian but this can take several weeks.

So, Chrome is my choice.

0 votes
nikhil kumar August 16, 2016

Hello @Jobin Kuruvilla [Go2Group],

We have issues with JIRA and Confluence running in Firefox.

1) When ANY user tries to open Jira in Firefox, it takes quiet a long time to open and same for any actions we perform like it takes time to load the menu when we click on the drop-downs and loads fast in Chrome.
2) We are observing this behavior after upgrading out Jira to 7.1.7 and Confluence to 5.10 recently.

Please help as this is a bit critical.

Nikhil

Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 17, 2016

You might want to raise a support ticket with Atlassian. This is a user forum smile

0 votes
Jennifer Weber July 7, 2015

Thanks, everyone!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events