Workflow or Intake Plugins suggestions?

Victor Prasad January 19, 2016

Hello,

I am looking for a plugin for Confluence that would have workflow for projects or services.  We want an intake system for our internal clients.  Giving them a list of options which then drive the next step in the process.    It could be sending an email or asking another question but ending with an approval.  Sort of like intake at a hospital -  they questions which drive the service required.  We don't want workflow for actually Confluence pages.

Suggestions on how people are using workflow or doing intake with Confluence?

Thanks,

V

3 answers

2 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 19, 2016

That is a long way away from what Confluence is for.  For some basic elements of it, there are some options, but the process you've got there really does need something with a proper generalised workflow engine.

Obviously, I'm going to recommend that you try JIRA.  Probably with Service Desk

1 vote
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 20, 2016

I have to agree with Nic. Comalatec makes a Confluence workflow plugin, but that is for page approvals and works well in that context.

Personally for the work you're suggesting, JIRA Service Desk would likely be your best and cheapest option. It's powerful and let's you design simple forms for free 'customer' accounts, and your agents can move them from status to status.

0 votes
Victor Prasad January 20, 2016

Thanks,

I saw ConiForms - but that just makes forms.

Would JIRA work for a simple project intake?   Simple end user ui - it gets passed the then next person to evaluate the form - deny approve - deny stop, approve - next step etc...

Think that is possible?

Thanks,

V

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 20, 2016

That sort of processing is exactly what JIRA is for - a distinct workflow, simple fields etc.

Victor Prasad January 21, 2016

Hi Nic,Steven

JIRA and JIRA Service Desk are separate products, correct?  Plugin?

We only have JIRA.  Could JIRA do it?  Or would it be too clunky?

And thank you very much for your replies.

V

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 21, 2016

Yes and no.  JIRA Core is an application.  JIRA Service Desk is an application that can be added to JIRA Core.  It's also available as a bundled installation, which saves the hassle of installing the application if you are starting clean.

If you're on Cloud, then you don't need to worry about installation, you just go to your "my atlassian" account and add Service Desk to your current system.

JIRA can easily handle your intake process without Service Desk.  Service Desk adds a very simplified customer view, the ability to take requests from customers without full JIRA accounts, service level agreements and reporting on all of that.  It's highly appropriate in this case, and would make your intake process a lot cleaner and nicer than having to design and build the whole thing in plain JIRA Core.  I'd recommend it, but you don't strictly need it.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events