Wiki Calendar - user can't see events

Brooke Musat May 3, 2018

User can add calendar on wiki but can't see the events on it. 

I've confirmed the calendar is NOT restricted to anyone. 

I see the second image below (purple one) and she sees the blank one. 

view 1.PNG

view_2.PNG

2 answers

1 vote
April Ryan July 15, 2020

I actually just had this issue, and raised it as an IT bug with my IT department. 

However, I actually found the solution for mine in particular - if you go into the details of your calendar (or settings) you can view the settings, whereby my calendar was linking back to another space I owned that had vaired restrictions. As a result, this calendar inherited those restrictions in comparison to the space it was being viewed in.

If you change this over to the relevant space, it'll link properly and be shown. 

0 votes
AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 3, 2018

So that I may  double check a possibility, please post the second screenshot again with all the calendars showing on the right hand side. I am not 100% sure B2B content is the calendar name.

Please try temporarily adding all the calendars to the user's calendar that you have on yours to see if the events then show.

Brooke Musat May 3, 2018

Here are the screenshots. Mine is the one in purple. 

example_Jen.PNGexample.PNG

AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 3, 2018

The symptoms are similar to this bug: Calendar with public and private filters shows no events.

Please check your <confluence_home>/atlassian-confluence log for errors such as:

2014-02-20 17:20:58,994 ERROR [http-8541-7] [extra.calendar3.calendarstore.JiraCalendarDataStore] getSubCalendarJql Unable to get details of search filter 10004
-- url: /confluence/rest/calendar-services/1.0/calendar/subcalendars.json | userName: thing1 | referer: http://localhost:8541/confluence/display/CS/Calendar+Space+Home
com.atlassian.confluence.extra.calendar3.calendarstore.JiraAccessor$JiraPreConditionUnmetException
at com.atlassian.confluence.extra.calendar3.calendarstore.DefaultJiraAccessor$15.handle(DefaultJiraAccessor.java:1227)
at com.atlassian.confluence.extra.calendar3.calendarstore.DefaultJiraAccessor$15.handle(DefaultJiraAccessor.java:1195)

and 

2014-02-20 17:20:59,002 WARN [http-8541-7] [extra.calendar3.rest.CalendarResource] getSubcalendarsInternal Unable to retrieve information of sub-calendar with ID 4d9e3ea9-0d5c-4470-9562-82a9ee322f0d for user 2c9c8fe04451b287014451bfcc120004. Please ignore if the mycalendars page is appearing alright for the user.
-- url: /confluence/rest/calendar-services/1.0/calendar/subcalendars.json | userName: thing1 | referer: http://localhost:8541/confluence/display/CS/Calendar+Space+Home
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Arguments to addParameter(String, String) cannot be null

Thanks,

Ann

Brooke Musat May 4, 2018

Ann, we have those errors...now what? 

Thanks

-B

AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
May 4, 2018

Hi Brooke,

Those errors are from the bug report: Calendar with public and private filters shows no events. The workaround is to make the restricted Jira filter public.

You may communicate directly with the development team on the bug report by voting or commenting to emphasize your use case.

Thanks,

Ann

Brooke Musat May 7, 2018

Thanks Ann. The workaround is not working for us either. 

I see this: 

example.PNG

And another coworker sees this: 

example_jen.PNG

Here is an example of what I see for one of the calendars when I try to edit it. Note the filter name. 

example_brooke.PNG

Here is what my coworker sees when she tries to edit the same calendar: 

example_2.PNGAnd here is proof that the filter is public not private. 

example_not_private.PNG

So, if the workaround is not working, what can I do in the meantime? 

AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
May 7, 2018

The behavior reported in the bug is that if any filter that is not public is added to the calendar, all the Jira events public or private will not display. So you would have to make sure all the filters are public that are added to the calendar.

If the workaround suggested by the customer on the bug report is no longer effective, the only recourse is to communicate directly with the development team on Calendar with public and private filters shows no events.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events