Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Why doesn't Confluence save unpublished edits sometimes?

Hi friends, my Chrome has a quirk that will immediately crash whenever I hit the Print button.

So I edited a Confluence page for 3+ hours but when I recovered the page it's at its initial state. Morever the location is at the root, instead of under another page which I setup initally.

Confluence seems to be able to recover most of unsaved edits but this is one case that it fails to do so. Do you know the reason? Is there a way to ask the Admin to debug it?

I found it as a good example of Murphy's law, however careful I am and however often I usually save my edits, usually one ignorance will leave a huge impact. Is there a way to enable automatic saves?

Thank you!

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Vero Rivas Community Leader Mar 10, 2021

Nevermind friends, I found it in drafts. What confused me is that when I re-opened Chrome, and navigated to the same tab, it showed me the initial version of that page (with wrong location).

Anyway I'm very happy now! 3 hours of work saved!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Confluence

Confluence Mythbusters: Does Atlassian even use Confluence?

Hi, Confluence collaborators! As part of #Confluence-Collaboratory month, we’ve created a very special Mythsbusters segment, where we're dive into an interesting myth and uncover the truth behind i...

1,410 views 7 29
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you