Why does confluence not display my columns according to the column size I set when inserting the column macro?

Brian lear November 4, 2012

New to confluence, evaluating 4.3, I create a new page, insert a section macro, then insert a column within the section specifying the % column width or width in number of pixels(px). Using the office excel macro, insert a spreadsheet into the column. When I preview, the entire spreadsheet shows in the page. My ultimate outcome is to display 4 office docs on 1 page in a "Dashboard" 4 equal quadrants. Any ideas?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Selcuk Savas
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 5, 2012

If the other columns are empty, the filled out column expands.

Before going deep in CSS and HTML table simple try to add something in the other columns.

But I am not sure what happens to the lenght of the docs.

If you have to display all 4 in an equal quadrants I suggest to use iframes which gives you scrolls (both horizontal and vertical) for bigger docs.

or simple save the docs as images and place into cells.

Sometimes not propper (dirty) way is the way to go to save some time and sanity. Most of the case the end users don't care.

Hope it helps.

Cheers,

selcuk

0 votes
David at David Simpson Apps
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
November 4, 2012

I'm guessing that you're using the section & column macros which produce an HTML table for rendering the columns.

It looks like the content for these macros is too big and therefore simply expands in size horizontally to allow the full content to be seen.

Find out more.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events