• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Why do I now have to press TAB to tag a person in a Comment, in other places I can press ENTER?

Deleted user Aug 28, 2015

Here is the scenario. While in the JIRA Agile Board and doing our Sprint Planning we update our Issues (Stories, Tasks and Subtasks). We use the Comments to tag people to do stuff. The behaviour is however inconsistent.

1. If while viewing the Agile Board and in the Subtask preview pane on the right I click on the Comment button under Comments I can tag a user by typing eg. "@kevin". It will find the user and I can press ENTER or TAB and it will complete the hyperlinked name.
  2. If I open the Issue, ie. have it full screen (not Edit) by clicking on the Issue number and then click on the Comment button and type eg. "@kevin" it finds the user but pressing ENTER merely goes to a new line, it does not complete the hyperlinked name. However pressing TAB will autocomplete it correctly.
  3. We also use Confluence. Adding a Comment to Confluence and tagging a user eg. "@kevin" it merely removes the full name, Pressing ENTER however works. This behaviour is completely opposite to how it behaves in JIRA as above.

Suggested fix: Allow ENTER or TAB to be used in all three scenarios above.

2 answers

0 votes
Deleted user Sep 11, 2015

*Bump

0 votes
Deleted user Dec 14, 2015

Is there no response from Atlassian on this? How do I get this onto a future enhancement request wishlist?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Confluence Cloud

Please tell us how you use Confluence space settings

Hi there, a few of us at Atlassian would love to learn about how you use "space settings" functionality in Confluence. A facelift to the space settings is long overdue and we want to start with impro...

309 views 11 8
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you