Why can't I reply a comment?

Hakimi Bharucha June 13, 2019

The cursor appears but I am not able to type anything in "Reply"text box. I have tried it in Chrome as well as IE browsers.

Below is the link to comment and its screenshot:

https://thrivos.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/C1IT/pages/873038458/Functionality+CASH+1+AutoPay+Page?replyToComment=903151698#comment-903151698

CaptureReply.JPG

1 answer

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 14, 2019

Hello Hakimi,

Welcome to Atlassian Community! It's nice to meet you.

I noticed you have also raised this as a ticket in support. My colleague Paul, who actually sits behind me, is currently looking into this issue for you.

I'm not sure what might cause this, but it looks like it could be a permissions issue. We are currently investigating that at this moment.

I have asked Paul to provide a response on this thread as well as the one in our support system once the issue is resolved. 

I will watch your ticket as well because I am very interested to see what the cause might be!

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Regards,

Shannon

Hakimi Bharucha June 14, 2019

Thank you @Shannon S ! Paul asked me to try again. I tried again, but the issue persists.

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 17, 2019

Thank you for letting me know, Hakimi.

My recommendation at this time would be to continue working with Paul, and then once the issue is resolved, you can let us know how it was fixed in the end.

Fingers crossed for a swift resolution!

Regards,

Shannon

Sparky September 23, 2019

@Hakimi Bharucha @Shannon S 

I believe this has something to do with the replyToComment= section of the URL. Jira may be handling it incorrectly. If you navigate to the page (or remove that section of the URL) you can select the comment and reply. I noticed if I click the generated link that Jira provides containing that "replyToComment" section in the URL, It won't let me type in the reply box.

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
September 25, 2019

Hi Sparky,

Welcome to Atlassian Community, it's nice to meet you. Thanks for the tip!

This was related to Confluence, but indeed, the issue was the same. The bug that we determined to be causing the issue is the following:

Steps to reproduce:
1. Receive a notification email with page or inline comment
2. Click "Reply" in the email

What happens:
Hello page opens on given page, focused on the right comment, however the editor is not available. For inline comments it's not available at all. For page comments the editor placeholder keeps spinning forever.

Expected results:
Editor is available to submit a reply to inline or page comment

Workaround:
Replace "replyToComment" param in URL with "focusedCommentId", load the page and click into the editor

Best regards,

Shannon

Michelle Vincent August 9, 2021

We are seeing this issue currently in Confluence Server 7.4.6. The notification sends several links. If you click the title link in the notification, it gives you a focused comment link. When you click this link, if you try to reply, it just spins and never brings up the comment box. If you click the reply link, it takes you to the reply to comment link. This one does work for us.

Is this intended behaviour that the focused comment link will not allow you to reply? If I click that link, I have to remove the extra portion of the url, refresh the page, and then it allows me to reply to the comment.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events