• Community
  • Products
  • Confluence
  • Questions
  • Why am I all of a sudden receiving emails from Confluence Questions/Atlassian Answers everytime any user opens a new question? How do I make it stop?

Why am I all of a sudden receiving emails from Confluence Questions/Atlassian Answers everytime any user opens a new question? How do I make it stop?

Deleted user September 8, 2014

All of a sudden on Sunday I am receiving an email everytime a user opens a question here...I do not work for Atlassian...I DID sign up for Atlassian Answers at some point but I never changed my preferences to get emails for every question. It's very disruptive. Anyone else experiencing this weirdness or anyone know how to make it stop?

Thx

5 answers

1 accepted

7 votes
Answer accepted
BillA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 8, 2014

This happened when we migrated from OSQA to Confluence questions because the notification settings behave differently in the two systems. This is a known issue that we're actively working at https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CQ-1316. Thanks for your patience!

Deleted user September 8, 2014

Awesome, thanks smile

Ed May September 8, 2014

Glad to know I'm not going mad... Thanks.

Vera Henrichs
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 8, 2014

Good luck!

Robb Corbett September 9, 2014

everything is being filtered to trash until this is fixed. a good follow up question might be "How do I delete my Atlassian Answers profile completely?"

Deleted user September 9, 2014

I've stopped the spam by unfollowing a tag they had me following...all emails have stopped!

Vera Henrichs
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 9, 2014

Robb, please have some patience... as you can see they are working actively on it. There are more users who have this problem. And there are more people who have complained about it and they have answerd almost everywhere that they are working on it. Also, IMHO almost all users do find a tag which they are watching because of the migration. They even added a Banner on top of the Answers pages now where they will help you... (Comment on Ihttps://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CQ-1339)

Jacob Boyko September 9, 2014

I remember being surprised I _didn't_ receive a flood of emails when I chose to follow some topics in the old system. Since I wasn't receiving emails for the topics I was watching, I didn't notice how many was on my watch list. It would be useful however if the profile page displayed the topics being watched since I can't seem to find a list anywhere. Also, it would be more clear if the email identified the topic being watched next to the "Unwatch" link.

Vera Henrichs
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 9, 2014

https://answers.atlassian.com/users/editmyemailsettings.action There'already mentioned somewhere this link should be public. So hopefully they will do that :-)

0 votes
Vera Henrichs
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 8, 2014

Guys (and girls ;-)) They're working hard on it this because a lot of people have this problem...

0 votes
Rachel Dunlop September 8, 2014

But its every new topic so unwatching them doesn't stop the emails flooding in! Arrgh!

0 votes
Julien H.
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 8, 2014

You can click on the "Unwatch" link in the footer of the email to unwatch the topic, you won't get notifications on this topic anymore after that.

0 votes
Bhushan Nagaraj September 8, 2014

I have received 200 emails from yesterday and I don't see a way to disable this. Hope Atlassian fixes this soon.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events