Why ac:macro says "unknown macro" since 08.08.2014?

Bastian Kippelt
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 21, 2014

Hi,

we use a custom user macro with the follwing syntax:

## @noparams
<ac:macro ac:name="scroll-pi"><ac:parameter ac:name="type">pagebreak</ac:parameter></ac:macro>

Since 08.08.2014 the macro does not work anymore and it shows the error message: unknown macro. The Source Code looks like this: <ac:macro ac:name="scroll-pagebreak"/>.

If i reenter the User Macro with {page-break} everything is okay, because he use the new Code Structure: <ac:structured-macro ac:name="page-break"/>

But why it was early August still displayed and then suddenly no longer?

We have just updated the AUI Plugin and reinstall the Scroll Versions Plugin.

Is there any Script which converts the old Macro Structure to the new for all Pages at Confluence? To change everything manually, would be a huge large task.

1 answer

0 votes
Deividi Luvison
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 25, 2014

Hey Bastian,

It might be possible to do a update query againts confluence database, however I would like to confirm a few things:

• In the xmlformat show to me how the macro looks previous and now (need to see one example from the start of the macro to the end refering to the same content).
  • Do you have a test instance to try the update query, in case I'm able to come up with it :)?
Thanks and Regards,
David|Confluence Support Engineer
Richard August 2, 2023

We have a Confluence space that I have built out.  Here is a page on the space that has a link to a Share Point folder.  

https://confluence.prod.aws.jpmchase.net/confluence/display/RAPIDSBAU/Access+Request+Guide 

So basically what your saying is that when a Confluence user who doesn't have access to the Share Point folder.  And they click on the Access Request Guide.  They will receive a message to request access to the Share Point page?  I'm just making sure because we need to be careful of the information.   

The same goes for this JIRA filter that I am displaying on this page.  Below is another page on the Confluence space where at the bottom of the page is a JIRA filter that I am displaying.  Basically what you are saying is that if someone doesn't have access to this instance of JIRA.  They won't be able to view what is displayed? 

https://confluence.prod.aws.jpmchase.net/confluence/display/RAPIDSBAU/Release+Calendar 

Thank you for your help on this.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events